If your kids are active, odds are that they are going to get hurt at some point.
Fortunately, most sports injuries are minor and can be treated with RICE.
No, not that kind of rice – R.I.C.E.
And be sure to see us for anything more than the most basic strains and sprains.
This is especially important if your child hits their head. Concussions are serious and can cause long term disability if not treated properly.
- Parent and Athlete Concussion Information Sheet
- Fact Sheet for Athletes: Ages: 11-13
- Fact Sheet for Athletes: Ages 14-18
It is also important to know that not all aches and pains that your kids will have are caused by actual injuries.
- Osgood-Schlatter’s disease
- Sever’s Disease
- Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease
- Osteochondritis Dissecans
- Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis
- Spondylolysis and Spondylolisthesis
Overuse injuries and sports injuries are common though.